At our local game store (The Game shelf) we are currently taking part in an Infantry Aces campaign . The points are set at 500 right now which basically lets you field an HQ and the 2 compulsory platoons of infantry. Now playing Fallschirmjager and them being pretty expensive as Fearless vets means I have to take the smaller 7 stand platoons. However I am able to take 3 mortars in the HQ! Which is awesome. Direct fire and bombardments without any re rolling of hits. I allocate them all to a single platoon. Or sometimes make a Kampfgroupe with the 2IC.
The 500 points level is going pretty well for me. So far I've been able to take home more wins that losses. And now I find myself preparing for the increase in points to 700 in turn 2 of the Campaign. And also looking forward to turn 3 at 900 points.
So here is what I'm working on. A FJ Light Gun platoon at 55 points and a FJ HMG platoon 150.
HMGs simply rock now and I would most likely attach them all to my 2 infantry platoons. Anyway heres some pics and how I based them.
Starting with the figures completely painted I glued them to their bases and used spackling compound to cover them and raise the ground level up to hide the bases of the figs.
Gale Force 9 and in hindsight I personally don't need the full set. You can buy them in an intro sculpting set that has everything I would need.
I left the spackle to dry overnight. The next day I decided I would base these guys in a semi-rural ruined look. So went about getting some fine basing grit to simulate rubble and debris from blown apart walls.
I used weldbond glue and some water mixed in a blister to apply the grit. Something I will NEVER do again. Normally I use superglue for this as it dries faster and stronger. But it is more expensive. However I found most of the grit rubbed right off when I tried to base coat. And I allowed plenty of time to dry. So back to super glue from now on! :)
Dont forget to do this over top of something like a piece of paper or magazine so that you can pour all the excess back into your container :)
Alright I'm done for today. Will post some updates as soon as both platoons are done. Base coating everything with Brown Violet.
see ya soon